What is NLP?
Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) is an approach that recognises how your brain (neuro) receives and interprets information received from your five senses, and your language patterns (linguistic) spoken and internal, influence and control your behaviours (programming). Some people have described NLP as the practical application and implementation of psychology, other people the user’s handbook for your mind.
Who Discovered NLP?
NLP was developed in the 1970’s by Richard Bandler, a computer scientist and Gestalt therapist, and Dr John Grinder, a linguist and therapist. Bandler and Grinder developed a principle known as ‘modelling’ that enabled them to identify and replicate excellence in many fields.
How can NLP be used?
Since that time NLP has developed and become an essential tool for many people who want to improve their personal and professional performance.
NLP is now regularly used in many fields with a vast range of applications. These commonly include
- Improve communication skills
- Goal setting
- Improved performance for athletes and sports people
- Development of leadership and management skills
- Development of effective and high performing teams
- Health applications
- Confidence building
- Improved selling skills
Who will benefit from learning NLP?
As a consequence of the quantative and qualitative effectiveness of people who have studied NLP is routinely used by people in the following fields,
- Directors and executives
- Leaders and managers at all levels
- Health care professionals
- Professional sports people and athletes
- Professional Business and executive coaches
- Sales people
- Engineering and technical staff
- Customer care operatives
- Secretarial staff
- Trainers and teachers
- Public speakers
- HR and counselling staff
- Many more
How can NLP help?
NLP techniques have many and varied applications some of which include enabling people to:
- Set clear goals and define realistic strategies
- Coach new and existing staff to help them gain greater satisfaction from their contribution
- Enhanced communication skills as a result of understanding conscious and unconscious communication patterns of language and behaviour.
- Understand and reduce stress and conflict
- Improve new customer relationship-building and sales performance
- Enhance the skills of customer care staff and reduce customer loss
- Improve people’s effectiveness, productivity and thereby profitability
- Overcoming past traumas and phobias
- Resolving deep seated habits and patterns of thinking and behaviour
Your Trainer Dr Jane Lelean is a Master Practitioner and a qualified train the trainer of NLP. Over the last few years she has trained in the UK, Europe and USA with some of the best and most influential members of the NLP community ensuring you receive the highest quality of training possible.
Examples of people Jane has trained with include,
- Anthony Robbins
- Art Geiser
- Charles Faulkner
- Dr Christina Hall
- Dr Richard Bandler
- Ian McDermott
- Jamie Smart
- Judith Delozier
- Michael Watson
- Robert Dilts
- Robert Fletcher
- Suzie Smith
- Tim and Kris Halbom
Jane specialises in teaching NLP to the dental practices, healthcare professionals and other small businesses. For Further information about how NLP can help you and your business call us on 01296 770462 or contact us via email@example.com
NLP courses offered
- Essential NLP for Dentists and their teams™
- NLP Practitioner for Dentist and their teams™
- NLP Master practitioner for Dentist and their teams™